Test Name: Dermatomyositis DMS
Dermatomyositis is an inflammatory disease affecting skin as well as muscle, in extreme cases. This is an auto-immune disease in rare cases can be fatal.
See Dr. Leigh Anne Clark Presentation on Dermatomyositis & Interpreting Risk Assessment Results
Regular Price: $100 less a 15% discount per dog offered by Wisdom Health negotiated by CHF.
Valid 1/1/2022 – 12/31/2022.
No additional subsidies will be offered in 2022 until further notice.
Method and Test Ordering Instructions: Oral cheek swab.
Tests will be ordered directly from Wisdom Panel and then you will notify us of your DMS test order to receive your 15% refund.
Swab kits should be on hand before ordering these tests to ensure items are on hand before ordering. Order from CHF at https://www.colliehealth.org/product/chf-swab-kits/ One kit is needed for each dog for each test ordered.
Test ordering process:
- CHF members will order the rcd2-PRA and/or DMS test(s) directly from Wisdom Health at the following site: https://breeder.wisdompanel.com/
- After clicking on the link above choose Collie from the drop down menu to see the recommended tests – Both DMS and Rod Cone Dysplasia 2 (rcd2 PRA) tests are listed
- Choose the test to order by clicking the small box to the left of the test (a checkmark should appear). Choose both if ordering both tests. Once the tests are selected click the “Check- Out” button to advance to the next screen
- Enter the dog information requested and click the continue to Payment button to advance to the next screen and Complete Your Order
- This section will summarize the ordered test(s) and ask you to enter your owner information and payment information. BE SURE TO ENTER THE EMAIL ADDRESS CORRECTLY to receive collection and shipping Click “Place Order”
- You will receive a summary order page with the option of ordering tests for additional dogs. Be sure to make copies of relevant information to request discount refund.
- You should receive an email with instructions to collect, process, and ship samples. Results should be available from the lab within 2-3 weeks after the sample arrives at the lab
To receive your refunds notify us of your DMS test(s) using the form below. Refunds will be made after CHF membership is confirmed. For additional help please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The American Shetland Sheepdog Association (ASSA) has been generous enough to allow CHF to provide a link to their in-depth information that they have put together for their website. I urge all Collie people to use this link to become more informed with Dermatomyositis, DMS.
NOTE: DISCOUNTS ARE FOR PUREBRED ROUGH AND SMOOTH COLLIES ONLY AND FOR COLLIES OWNED BY CHF MEMBERS.