- AKC CHF 02800, $6,000. Defining the Effects of Genotype, Breed and Age on the Risk of Developing Canine Degenerative Myelopathy and Investigating the Molecular Mechanisms Underlying That Risk. Dr. Gary Johnson, University of Missouri.
- AKC CHF 02210. $6,000. Gene Therapeutic For Degenerative Myelopathy AAV9 Mediated SOD1 Downregulation. Dr. Kathrin Meyer, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
- AKC CHF 02328-A, $5,000. Harmonization of Genetic Testing For Dogs. Dr. Brenda Bonnett, International Partnership For Dogs.
- AKC CHF 02275, $10,000. Disease Risks Associated With Spay and Neuter: A Blood Specific, Gender Specific Perspective. Dr. Benjamin Hart, University of California Davis.
- $50,000 AKC/CHF Tick Borne Disease Initiative – Matched by the American Kennel Club, Inc.
- 02264A: Role of E.Coli Biofilm in canine pyometria – $4000
- 02107: Landmark Clinical Trial to Establish Evidence Based Medicine based on the use of Regenerative Medicine to treat tendon injury in dogs – $5000
- 02210: Gene Therapy for Canine Degenerative Myelopathy – $5000
- 02226: Pilot Clinical Trial-Efficacy of Mesenchymal stem cells if the over-expression IL-10 to treat Osteoarthritis – $1000
- 02165: ID Biomarker and treatment Targets for Degenerative Myelopathy- the Search for the Cure – $2000
- 02237A: Capturing Tumor Cells in Canine Blood – $1000
- 02267A: Epidemiological Study of Brucella canis – $1000
- 02138: Accurate Hypothyroid Test – $2000
- 02234: A Novel Approach to preventing canine Hemangiosarcoma – $2000
- AKC CHF (02138): Development of Accurate Diagnostic Tests for Canine Hypothyroidism – $2,000
- AKC CHF (01822): Beyond the Genome: The Intersection of Genes and the Environment in Canine Cancer – $1,000
- AKC CHF (01849): Filling the Gaps in the Canine Genome – $3,000
- AKC CHF (01840): Health Implications of Early Spay/Neuter on Canine Health – $3,500
- AKC CHF (02118-A): Targeting the Mechanism of Bacterial Adherence during Pyometra to Develop an Effective, Non-Invasive Treatment for Disease – $2,000
- AKC CHF (02107): Landmark Clinical Trial to Establish the Evidence-Based Use of Regenerative Medicine to Treat Tendon Injury in Dogs – $1,500
- AKC CHF (01985): Defining Novel Drug Targets to Treat Chronic and Neuropathic Pain in the Dog – $2,000
- Defining the Genetic Basis of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (AKC CHF) $3,000
- Profiling the Metabolic and Lipid Imbalances that are Causitive of Gallbladder Disease in Dogs (AKC CHF) $4,000
- Mapping of Genetic Risk Factors for Canine Hip Dysplasia (AKC CHF) $5,000
- Defining Novel Drug Targets to Treat Chronic and Neuropathic Pain in the Dog (AKC CHF) $5,000
- WSU Grant – To Develop a Cell Culture Based Method of Screening Drugs to Determine Whether or Not They are P-go Substrates $19,726
- Identification and Validation of the Genes that Define Abnormal Development of the Kidney in Dogs (AKC CHF) $7,500
- Treatment of Urinary Incontinence with Multipotent Muscle Cells (AKC CHF) $5,000
- Filling the Gaps in the Canine Genome (AKC CHF) $3,000
- DLA Research Grant: Investigation of Diversity at the Dog Leukocyte Antigen Class II Loci in American and International Collies $10,930
- Sequencing and Functional Analysis of the Canine Y Chromosomes (AKC CHF) $2,500
- Urinary Incontinence Study: Extension of Grant too Add More Dogs to the Study $3,600
- Polyneuopathy Study – The Use of Skin Punch Biopsy to Diagnose Polyneuropathy $5,340
- Plasma Cortisol Concentrations in Dogs with Pituitary Dependent Hyper-adrenalcorticism & Atypical Cushing Syndrome (AKC CHF) $1,000
- $14,820 GnRH Immunization for the Treatment of Urinary Incontinence in Spayed Bitches Researcher: Dr Michelle Kutzler, DVM, PhD, DACT and Dr Timothy Hazzard, DVM Ph Institution: Oregon State University
- $10,000 Identification of a VWD (von WIllebrands Disease) causal mutation & development of a direct DNA test – Dr. George Brewer & Robert H. Loechel, MS.
- $2,500 AKC/CHF Grant #1142 – Dr. Amara H. Estrada, DVM, DACVIM – Univ of FL – Cutting Balloon Valvuloplasty for Dogs with Subaortic Stenosis
- $10,000 Mandi J. Lopez, DVM, PhD, Louisiana State University • Quantification of osteoprotegerin (OPG) and receptor activator of nuclear factor kappa B ligand (Ranel) expression in normal and orteoarthritic canine coxofemoral articular cartilage.
- $20,000 Inclusion of Collies in the Canine Phenome Project, University of Missouri
- $10,000 With AKC CHF, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center • Development of a New Resource for Positional Cloning of Hip Dysplasia Genes: A High Density SNP Map of Canine Chromosome One
- $10,000 With AKC CHF, University of Alaska, Fairbanks • Genetic Determinants of Hypothyroid Disease in Dogs
- $2,600 With AKC/CHF Recombinant Thyrotropin (TSH) Standard — Immunoassay with Improved Sensitivity
- $2,000 With AKC CHF • Role of Circulating Endothelial Progenitor Cells
- $2,750 With AKC CHF • Mechanisms for Hypercoagulatibility in Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia and Early Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (2 yr. study – $1,375 per year)
- $2,000 Drs. Breitschwerdt & Hegarty, No Carolina State • Erlichia
- $2,000 James Baker Institute • Erythropoietin
- $1,000 Dog Owners Assn. Canine Defense League
- $3,944 William Hammond, WA • Grey Collies
- $2,000 Gary Johnson, MO • Collie Diseases
- $4,000 Patricia Olson, CO • Research Feeding Puppies
- $1,200 Thomas Yang, CT • Grey Collies
- $600 Thomas Yang, CT • Grey Collies
- $1,000 Hammond Research • Grey Collies
- $300 Janet Holbrook • Training Collies
- $1,500 Dr. Wm. Hammond • Grey Collies