Test Name: Optimal Selection (TM) Canine Genetic Breeding Analysis **Important Update**
The Optimal Selection (TM) panel tests for over 180 different genetic health markers, 20 different traits, and genetic diversity. Most of these tests have nothing to do with our Collie Breed. The exciting news is that this tests covers 7 health test and traits that are very important for Collies and the people that breed them. Here are the pertinent tests:
- MDR1 – MultiDrug Resistance (Licensed by Washington State University – VetMed)
- CCN – Canine Cyclic Neutropenia – Grey Collie
- DM – Degenerative Myelopathy
- CEA – Collie Eye Anomaly – (MARS purchased OptiGen in 2018 and owns the rights to the testing method)
- Coat Trait – Length ( Rough factored Smooth)
- Color Traits – Color and Patterns including Merle
- GENETIC DIVERSITY -“The Breeders Tool Box”
- Diversity of the individual dog tested
- Diversity of the overall breed population
- Diversity of the overall breed population compared to the diversity of other related breed populations
Testing organization: MARS, Wisdom Health
Regular Price: $129.99 – Add CEA at 20 Euros or approximately $25 – total $154
CHF has now negotiated with Wisdom Health to have our members pay only the difference between our current rebate $90 and the cost of the test PLUS Wisdom Health is giving our members a 15% discount! CHF will pay Wisdom Health directly for the OS panel test! This puts your cost at $20. Remember, when you get your results back and your can add on C EA, the PRA test that’s now listed is not for Collies. We are hoping DMS Risk Assessment and rcd2-PRA test will be an add on soon.
Contact Krista Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Krista will verify your membership, take down the number of dogs you will test and give you a one time use code.
Method and Test Ordering Instructions: Oral cheek swab.
Optimal Selection Canine Genetic Breed Analysis
NOTE: REBATES ARE FOR ROUGH AND SMOOTH COLLIES ONLY & for CHF Members