Test Name: Optimal Selection™ Canine Genetic Breeding Analysis
The Optimal Selection™ panel tests for over 200 genetic health markers, 20 different traits, and genetic diversity. Most of these tests have nothing to do with our Collie breed, but the exciting news is that this test covers 7 health test and traits that are very important for Collies and the people that breed them. Here are the pertinent tests:
- MDR1 – MultiDrug Resistance (licensed by Washington State University – VetMed)
CCN – Canine Cyclic Neutropenia – Grey Collie Currently Unavailable
- DM – Degenerative Myelopathy
- CEA* – Collie Eye Anomaly – (MARS purchased OptiGen in 2018 and owns the rights to the testing method).
- Coat Type – Length (Rough factored Smooth)
- Coat Color – Color and Patterns including Merle
- GENETIC DIVERSITY – “The Breeders Tool Box”
- Diversity of the individual dog tested
- Diversity of the overall breed population
- Diversity of the overall breed population compared to the diversity of other related breed populations
Testing organization: Wisdom Health
Regular Price: $130, less a Wisdom Health Discount of 15%. Valid 1/1/2021 – 12/31/2021
Additional subsidies from CHF will be determined at a later date.
*IMPORTANT NOTICE: In addition to the CEA test, you will be offered a PRA test. This PRA test does not apply to Collies!
To request your tests use this link for the 1 time code: Request Your Test Codes – Collie Health Foundation
For additional help please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheek swabs will provided by Optimal Selection. Blood sample, cheek swab, or semen sample can be used for testing.
Optimal Selection Canine Genetic Breed Analysis
NOTE: SUBSIDIES ARE FOR PUREBRED ROUGH AND SMOOTH COLLIES ONLY AND FOR COLLIES OWNED BY CHF MEMBERS. THERE IS A 30 DAY WAIT PERIOD FOR NEW MEMBERS.
Reminder: All 2020 CHF subsidies ended on 12/31/2020