Test Name: Optimal Selection (TM) Canine Genetic Breeding Analysis
The Optimal Selection (TM) panel tests for over 200 different genetic health markers, 20 different traits, and genetic diversity. Most of these tests have nothing to do with our Collie Breed. The exciting news is that this tests covers 7 health test and traits that are very important for Collies and the people that breed them. Here are the pertinent tests:
- MDR1 – MultiDrug Resistance (Licensed by Washington State University – VetMed)
- CCN – Canine Cyclic Neutropenia – Grey Collie
- DM – Degenerative Myelopathy
- CEA – Collie Eye Anomaly – (MARS purchased OptiGen in 2018 and owns the rights to the testing method). This is an add on test to be ordered after you have received your Optimal Selection results. Cost is 20 EUR or around $25
- Coat Trait – Length ( Rough factored Smooth)
- Color Traits – Color and Patterns including Merle
- GENETIC DIVERSITY -“The Breeders Tool Box”
- Diversity of the individual dog tested
- Diversity of the overall breed population
- Diversity of the overall breed population compared to the diversity of other related breed populations
Testing organization: MARS, Wisdom Health
Regular Price: $130
Subsidy – $50 – Wisdom Health Discount 15% – Your Cost $60
CEA may be run after the Optimal Selection panel results have been emailed to you. The price is 20 Euros or approximately $25. CHF is unable to subsidise any part of the CEA add on test.
CHF has now negotiated with Wisdom Health to have our members pay only the difference between our current rebate $50 and the cost of the test PLUS Wisdom Health is giving our members a 15% discount! CHF will pay Wisdom Health directly for the OS panel test! This puts your cost at $60.
*IMPORTANT NOTICE: In addition to the add on CEA test, you will be offered a PRA test. This PRA test does not apply to Collies!
Optimal Selection Canine Genetic Breed Analysis
After ordering your test(s), Wisdom Health will mail you a testing kit including swabs and instructions.
Method of Testing – Cheek Swabs
NOTE: SUBSIDIES ARE FOR ROUGH AND SMOOTH COLLIES ONLY & FOR CHF MEMBERS & COLLIES THEY OWN. THERE IS A 30 DAY WAIT PERIOD FOR NEW MEMBERS. – VALID TO 12/31/2020